The Knox School is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced person to fill the role of Teacher of Health and Physical Education (Years 7-12). This a great opportunity to join our dedicated and passionate team of academic professionals.
This position offers a full-time (1.0 FTE) fixed-term contract with a commencement date of 21 January 2019.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Experience Teaching VCE Physical Education units 1-4
• Capacity to teach Outdoor Education in Years 7-10 and or VCE Health and Human Development
• An interest and/or experienced in innovative Health and Physical Education programs in year 7-10 would be an advantage as we implement our school strategy of personalised learning.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Prepared to show initiative
• Ability to work well in a team and small groups
• Cover letter and curriculum vitae outlining qualifications and experiences
• Current VIT Registration
• A minimum of 2 referees who can verify your work history
• Verification of qualifications
• Current First Aid certification including Anaphylaxis
The Knox School is proud of its culture of child safety. As a condition of application, all prospective employees are asked to read the School’s Child Safety Program summary found HERE and the School’s Code of Conduct found HERE to inform their application and cultural knowledge of The Knox School.
The Knox School will be conducting reference checks and consulting with past employers as part of this employment process.
Written applications including a detailed resume referencing the Position Description, available HERE will be accepted until 8 October 2018 and must be submitted to the email address below:
Ms Hinke Spiekman-Kampf
Human Resources and Payroll Officer
Phone: (03) 8805-3852