Working at The Knox School
The Knox School is committed to equal opportunity principles and is committed to the principles of merit-based selection, equity and diversity and procedural fairness in our recruitment process.
The Knox School welcomes applications from dynamic professionals who wish to join an exciting young School which challenges both its students and staff and who have a commitment to the values of the School.
Applications are to be sent by email to email@example.com via email, along with details of three referees. All applications close at 5.00pm on the specified date.
The benefits of working at The Knox School; Salary packaging options, Staff discount on academic fees, Extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, Mentoring, Access to an Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave to eligible employees, Access to School Gym, School funded shut down between Christmas and New Year.
The Knox School expects its students and staff to uphold our values of:
We have a vacancy for a talented Payroll Co-ordinator –
Part Time over 3 days Tue/Thu/Fri 8am to 4pm (neg)
- Process the fortnightly payroll on Sage Micropay for approx. 160 employees
- Administer master file changes eg; rate changes, FTE, allowances and deductions
- Administer the Employee Self Service functionality including leave processing
- Process fortnightly and monthly statutory requirements: single touch payroll reporting, PAYG and Union Fee remittance.
- Assist employees in understanding benefits of and the administration of salary packaging with an external supplier
- Process and reconcile Paid Parental Leave
- Administer super remittance via the Mercer platform
- Produce month end reporting including: Costing Report, Payroll Journal and Reconciliation, Leave Liability, Headcount and FTE
- Produce monthly GL file and liaise with School Accountant to ensure month end reconciliation of all payroll related clearing accounts
- Produce annual wages budget and year to date projections reports for Accountant and provide analysis of variances on a fortnightly and monthly basis
- Participate in the annual audit process
- Action administrative HR tasks as allocated by the HR Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Solid experience (at least 5 years) in processing a medium size payroll end to end
- Sage Micropay experience preferable
- Analytical mindset and knowledge of payroll accounting
- Education Industry payroll experience highly regarded
- Current Working with Children Clearance is mandatory
- Highly organised and methodical
- Customer service focus in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Have patience and well-developed communication skills
- IT literate with a medium level skillset in the use of Excel (VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables)
- The successful candidates are expected to support the vision and ethos of the School
What’s on Offer
- Competitive salary dependent on skill set and experience
- Onsite car parking
- Supportive and stimulating work and learning environment set amongst beautiful grounds
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please send your resume and a cover letter outlining the knowledge skills and attributes you can bring to our School.
The Knox School is committed to providing safe services. We have a zero-tolerance approach to abuse. Our HR and recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application, interviewing and selection process. Applicants are advised that The Knox School undertakes working with children checks, police record checks and reference checks, as appropriate, to ensure that we are recruiting the right people for our School.
Applications close 3/4/20 however will be reviewed upon receipt.
Ms Claire Story