General Excellence Scholarship for entry into Years 5, 7, 9 or 10 in 2019
General Excellence Scholarships are available for new and current students who will be entering into Years 5,7,9 or 10 in 2019 and will be awarded to students who are able to demonstrate outstanding achievement in their academic studies as well as in one or two of the following areas: sport, music, the arts, leadership or community service. In addition to the above, students will be required to provide examples in their introduction letter of how they have or will meet the criteria below:
- Set a good example in every respect
- Show positive school spirit
- Be a positive communicator
- Willingly meet all obligations as defined by the teachers and tutors
- Be involved and support school functions and activities e.g. school tours
- Be an exemplar of the School’s uniform
The scholarship offers a discount of up to 50% off the tuition fees and is tenable until the end of Year 12.
Applications should include the following:
- General Excellence Scholarship Application Form.
- Handwritten letter of introduction by the student, addressed to the Principal, Mr Allan Shaw.
- Copies of their last two school reports.
- A copy of their Year 5 and 3 NAPLAN report. (where applicable)
- Certificates of achievement can be included but please limit to just a few awards
- Educational assessments may be included for example ICAS results
Please note that applications will not be returned therefore ask that only copies of reports and certificates be supplied. Applications should either be posted or delivered by hand and addressed to:
The Registrar: PO Box 4508 Knox City, Wantirna VIC 3152 or by hand to 220 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South VIC 3152
Digital or electronic applications will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 5pm Thursday March 29
- Applications will be shortlisted based on the reports provided and criteria outlined above shortly after the closing date.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited with their parents to meet with the Principal and Head of School.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be notified in writing once interviews are concluded.
Eligibility to apply
- New and current students of The Knox School
- Students who are Australian citizens or permanent residents
For more information please contact The Registrar on 8805 3800 or email@example.com