Academic Scholarships for entry into Year 7 in 2019
Academic Scholarships are available for new and current students who will be entering into Year 7 in 2019 and will be awarded to students who are able to demonstrate outstanding academic ability. Students applying for this scholarship will be required to sit an exam conducted by Edutest. This scholarship offers a discount of up to 50 per cent off the tuition fees and is tenable until the end of Year 12.
To apply for this scholarship you must register with Edutest directly.
Date of testing: Saturday 10 February, 2018
Time: 8:40 am for a 9 am start
Fee: $100 (payable to Edutest)
Venue: The Knox School
Closing Date: 5 pm, Friday 2 February, 2018
Further information about testing will be emailed to all applicants one week prior to the examination date.
In addition to registration with Edutest, the following information will be required:
- Academic Scholarship Application Form (available HERE)
- Handwritten letter of introduction by the student, addressed to the Principal, Mr Allan Shaw providing examples of how they have or will meet the criteria below:
- Set a good example in every respect
- Show positive school spirit
- Be a positive communicator
- Willingly meet all obligations as defined by the teachers and tutors
- Be involved and support school functions and activities e.g. school tours
- Be an exemplar of the School’s uniform
- Copy of most recent school report
- Copy of Year 5 NAPLAN report
- Educational assessments may be included. eg: ICAS results
Please note that applications will not be returned therefore we ask that only copies of reports be supplied. Applications should either be posted or delivered by hand and addressed to:
The Registrar: PO Box 4508 Knox City, Wantirna VIC 3152 or by hand to 220 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South VIC 3152.
Digital or electronic applications will not be accepted.
- Applications will be shortlisted based on the exam results, reports provided and criteria outlined above once the School has received the results from Edutest. This can take up to 7 working days.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited with their parents to meet with the Principal and Head of School.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be notified in writing once interviews are concluded.
Eligibility to apply
- New and current students of The Knox School
- Students who are Australian citizens or permanent residents
For more information please contact The Registrar on 8805 3800 or firstname.lastname@example.org