Falcon Philanthropy Group
The School, with the support of the Principal and Board, established the Falcon Philanthropy Group (FPG) to establish, foster and maintain relationships within our school community.
Philanthropy is defined as the love of humankind and so the focus of this group is to connect with and engage people who are our community members: Students, Parents, Staff, Alumni, Past Staff, and Friends.
The FPG is composed of approximately 20 people:
- current parents
- current staff
- the Principal
- a Board member
- past staff
The FPG warmly welcomes new members, either to be an ongoing member or to support one of their events or programs.
The Falcon Philanthropy Group is empowered to carefully and strategically create the appropriate atmosphere within TKS community that will allow a lasting culture of philanthropy to flourish by:
- Practising stewardship (maintaining and growing relationships)
- Thanking those who have supported the community and philanthropic ventures of the School
- Hosting functions (reunions, celebratory events, anniversaries) that have meaning and relate to the school’s vision
- Crafting messages and supporting stories to connect and inspire people
- Adopting best practice
- Fostering the agreed vision ‘giving for all’; this means giving of your time, voice and talent
- Our philanthropic vision is student-centric rather than equipment or facilities focused
- Seeking support for the Scholarship Fund or the Building Fund