Working at The Knox School
A career at The Knox School offers our staff the opportunity to engage in innovative learning and teaching practice in a deeply connected community that invests in its people.
We are a forward-looking School, committed to preparing our staff and students to take on tomorrow’s challenges by developing their intellectual curiosity and capacity, as well as their character.
We are looking for staff with exceptional passion, drive, and ideas to join us on our achieving our vision of forging new approaches to learning and teaching and building the excellence of our students.
As one of Victoria’s leading independent schools, you will find a supportive, collaborative and professional environment committed to excellence and growth. We are committed to living our values of:
- Care and Empathy
The Knox School is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of merit-based selection, equity and diversity, and procedural fairness in our recruitment process.
Why Join Knox?
As a School committed to the cultivation of life-long learning and personal development, we invest in our people and believe they are critical to our success.
Our staff have access to a range of personal and professional development benefits, including:
- Regular formal and informal professional development.
- Teaching fellowships.
- Generous salary packaging options.
- Free onsite gym.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounted school fees.
- School-funded holiday shut down period.
The Knox School is an independent, non-denominational, co-educational school catering for students from Pre-Prep to Year 12. The Knox School consists of three sub-schools, all on one attractive campus in Wantirna South, Victoria.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and innovative, qualified Secondary French Teacher to join our energetic staff. This is a significant part-time fixed-term contract position commencing January 2022 until December 2022. A second teaching method is desirable. The FTE will depend on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
About the position:
- Deliver a contemporary and innovative French Language curriculum.
- Develop a stimulating and engaging learning environment.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and contribute to the wider school community.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders including students, parents and colleagues.
- Engage in ongoing professional learning and the latest research in best teaching practice.
- The role reports to the Head of Languages.
Working at The Knox School offers:
- Personalised staff Professional Development Program
- Competitive salary, dependent on skillset and experience
- Mentoring that provides opportunities for career development and progression
- Supportive and stimulating work and learning environment set amongst beautiful grounds.
- Onsite car parking.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for, and commitment to this subject area and proven record of high-performance teaching.
- Ability, experience and interest in teaching other subject areas will be well regarded.
- Demonstrate an understanding of contemporary teaching and learning practices and sound knowledge of the current VCE French Study Design.
- Participate in and contribute to the co-curricular and wellbeing programs within the school.
- Hold a current VIT registration.
The successful candidate will support the School’s vision and ethos and demonstrate the School Values of Achievement, Responsibility, Respect, Resilience and Care and Empathy.
The Knox School is committed to Child Safety and to student wellbeing and inclusion. Our HR and recruitment practices include thorough reference checks and background checks, including police record checks and working with children clearance, to ensure that we are recruiting the best people for our School.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Conditions, including salary, will be discussed at interview with shortlisted candidates. Written applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 22 October, 2021 and will be reviewed on receipt.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume along with a cover letter outlining recent experience and skills particularly aligned to the position, by email to Ms Jenny Lutz, HR Manager email@example.com.